Thursday, February 20, 2014

Jackson Pollock / Quotes

Comet, 1947
Jackson Pollock


QUOTES
Jackson Pollock


1

Every good painter paints what he is.



2

I have no fear of making changes, destroying the image, etc., because the painting has a life of its own.


3

When I am in my painting, I'm not aware of what I'm doing.



4

It is only when I lose contact with the painting that the result is a mess. Otherwise there is pure harmony, an easy give and take, and the painting comes out well.

5
New needs need new techniques. And the modern artists have found new ways and new means of making their statements... the modern painter cannot express this age, the airplane, the atom bomb, the radio, in the old forms of the Renaissance or of any other past culture.

6
I don't work from drawings. I don't make sketches and drawings and color sketches into a final painting.

7
My paintings do not have a center, but depend on the same amount of interest throughout.

8
When I'm painting, I'm not aware of what I'm doing. It's only after a get acquainted period that I see what I've been about. I've no fears about making changes for the painting has a life of its own.

9
The modern artist is working with space and time, and expressing his feelings rather than illustrating.

10


No comments:

Post a Comment